Bernie is the only candidate whose actions demonstrate he has the determination and ability to lead a successful movement to take money out of politics. Those who sided with the establishment candidate and her unprecedented Citizens United-enabled 5 SuperPACs are not fit to lead this movement on which progress on every other issue depends. Please share if you agree.
ON THE CORRUPT IMMITATORS CLAIMING TO BE PROGRESSIVE
1. We Thought Beto O’Rourke Was Cool Until We Found Out He Voted for Anti-Black Lives Matter Legislation
2. Kamala Harris Was Not a "Progressive Prosecutor"
3. These 2020 Hopefuls Are Courting Wall Street. Don't Be Fooled By Their Progressive Veneer. -- Quote from the article about Cory Booker, Kamala Harris and Kristen Gilabrand: "According to CNBC, all three potential candidates have been reaching out to financial executives lately, including Blackstone’s Jonathan Gray, Robert Wolf from 32 Advisors and the Centerbridge Partners founder Mark Gallogly. Wall Street, after all, played an important role getting the senators where they are today. During his 2014 Senate run, in which just 7% of his contributions came from small donors, Booker raised $2.2m from the securities and investment industry. Harris and Gillibrand weren’t far behind in 2018, and even the progressive Democrat Sherrod Brown has solicited donations from Gallogly and other powerful executives. When CNBC’s story about Gillibrand personally working the phones to woo Wall Street executives came out, her team responded defensively, noting her support for financial regulation and promising that if she did run she would take “no corporate Pac money”. But what’s most telling isn’t that Gillibrand and others want Wall Street’s money, it’s that they want the blessings of financial CEOs. Even if she doesn’t take their contributions, she’s signaling that she’s just playing politics with populist rhetoric.
ON THE WAYS THE PROCESS IS BEING UNDERMINED BY THE OLIGARCHY
1. Corporate Media Bias on 2020 Democratic Party Race Already in High Gear
DOCUMENTING THE STRENGTH OF BERNIE'S CAMPAIGN AND THE MOVEMENT
1. Poll Finds Broad Support for Ocasio-Cortez's 70% Top-Tax-Rate Proposal
2. Poll: Sanders Most Popular Senator, Flake Least
3. Ten Things We All Lose If Bernie Chooses Not To Run in 2020BLOG COMMENTS POWERED BY DISQUS